Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement!

+11
Tyzzer
dave a
samrigby
Tris Crawshaw
Tissa
Marcin The Pole
Mike Busby
zak
Rob Sandler
brownbear
Alex Worthington DOR
15 posters

Go down

Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement! Empty Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement!

Post  Alex Worthington DOR Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 am

To All Members of the Club

There is only about a month of the season left now but it is probably going to be our busiest time. This is just an update to summarise all the events and to try to judge numbers that will be attending. Please post to confirm your attendance.

1) The first team have three games left in Yorkshire 4, Sat 10th April and Wed 14th April at home then away to Harrogate respectively and Hornsea at home on 17th April. If we can win all three games then we will finish the league in 3rd and with the rules on promotion and relegation yet to be established we still have a chance of promotion. Could as many players please make themselves available for these matches and any supporters would be much appreciated.

2) Varsity match next Thurs evening 15th April- the uni boys have really helped us with some of our fixtures this year so if your free please go and support them against the evil Hallam. (If anyone has full details please post)

3) AGM part 1, Thurs 22nd April (time and venue to be confirmed)- Just need to sort out a few details but this meeting is to determine who will be running for positions next year and for you to air any views on the club. I will put up details of the positions and a description of the responsibilities in the near future.

4) Old boys and AGM part 2, Sat 24th April- The plan for the day
• Meet Sheffield Tigers RUFC at 11 am for part 2 of the AGM. Here we will vote in the committee whilst enjoying a nice bacon sandwich.
• Old boys game will kick off at 1pm. Even if your not involved in the team please come down and support.
• Beers at the club with the old boys until approx 5pm.
• Head to Hilton for old boys dinner, approx 7pm.
• 3am meet in Balti King to prolong night.
• Sunday, massive hangover or if your man enough, get back on it social.

CHEQUES FOR OLD BOYS HAVE TO BE IN WITHIN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) NAMS plate final Cardiff, Sat 1st May- We will be taking a coach of 50 people including the team down to Cardiff. Details have not been finalised but we’re hoping to leave early in the morning, watch the boys play their final, watch the cup final, have a few beers down in Cardiff then head back on the coach in time for Pop Tarts. The old boys will hopefully partially subsidise the coach but it is likely to cost approx £10 per head plus £5 to enter Cardiff Arms Park. Full details to follow soon. Will be an amazing day for the team and fans so lets fill the coach!!!!!

6) NAMS 7’s (MINI TOUR), Sat 8th May- Again details are not yet finalised but I can tell you the basic plan.
• Leave in cars on Fri evening heading to notts.
• Fri night- sort out tents and head out into Nottingham.
• Sat- All day 7’s tournament followed by social with any other med schools who are also staying.
• Sun- head home.

Firstly this is MINI TOUR and 7’s so all are welcome. I have entered the maximum 2 teams and these will be picked the week before the tournament. You need to sort yourself out a lift and a place in a tent and that’s about it. Hope as many of you as possible will attend as this is one of the best weekends of the year.

Sorry for mammoth post. Let me know what you intend to go to so we can get an idea of numbers.

Yours in rugby

DOR Sleep Sleep
Alex Worthington DOR
Alex Worthington DOR
Director of Rugby

Back to top Go down

Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement! Empty Re: Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement!

Post  brownbear Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

mocca bear

i cant make the AGM on the 22 april sorry i manchester celebratin my birthday

but im up for cardiff and mini tour and old boys x

brownbear
Pop Tart

Back to top Go down

Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement! Empty Re: Last month of season update- please everyone read and leave as main announcement!

Post  Rob Sandler Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 am

I'd quite like to come along to mini tour!
Rob Sandler
Rob Sandler
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  brownbear Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 am

who the feck is rob sandler

brownbear
Pop Tart

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Sandler Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 am

brownbear wrote:who the feck is rob sandler

You cut me deep roshy, real deep! Razz
Rob Sandler
Rob Sandler
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  zak Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:13 am

I am up for both

zak
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Busby Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 am

im gonna try and get to everything sounds like a fun packed semester
Mike Busby
Mike Busby
Super Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcin The Pole Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 am

Im defo playing in 7s tournament this time ! (obviously not in a first team !)
Marcin The Pole
Marcin The Pole
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Tissa Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:49 pm

just to let ppl kno there will b a bit of light touch at ponda rosa at 5.30 tmrw for anyone who fancies it? plz spread the wrd!

also trainin will b back at abbeydale as usual on tuesday. 6pm meet at S10 gym.

squad for wednesday's match against harrogate will also go up tmrw

xx

Tissa
1st XV Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tris Crawshaw Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 am

hopefully i'll be attending them both!
Tris Crawshaw
Tris Crawshaw
Super Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  brownbear Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:00 am

cant make today but will be there tom x

brownbear
Pop Tart

Back to top Go down

Post  samrigby Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

Well up for the NAMS final! Shotgun a place.
Mennn of Sheffieeelld!
clown
samrigby
samrigby
Ring Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post  dave a Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:57 am

Keener than matty for everything. x
dave a
dave a
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyzzer Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 am

ye i'm up for everything x

Tyzzer
Super Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  dferraby Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:18 am

Yeh deffo up for the Nams cup final, I'm seeing flight of the conchords in the eve of 8th may, will be about to play during the day if needed.

The varsity rugby is Thursday at 7.00pm I think. Come on Hallam!!!!!

dferraby
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Post  rossakeating Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Cardiff sounds quality. No 7's though knee well and truly screwed when comes to sprinting
rossakeating
rossakeating
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fawdry Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Whens the AGM?
Alex Fawdry
Alex Fawdry
Pop Tart

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Clark Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:33 pm

thursday. 7.30 i believe tapton! x
Matthew Clark
Matthew Clark
Social Sec

Back to top Go down

Post  Tissa Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 am

u probs already kno al but i'll b old boysing it, cardiffing it but probs not 7sing unfortunately xx

Tissa
1st XV Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down