Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour Questionnaire and Update

+8
Treebeard
Pops
Danger
adam
Sellens
Foxy
Whiting
Billy
12 posters

:: General :: Tour

Go down

Tour Questionnaire and Update Empty Tour Questionnaire and Update

Post  Billy Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:33 am

Alright Boys,

This isn't a questionnaire as such but I thought it would be nice to see what the general consensus is towards tour priorities, budget constraints, destination etc. At the moment my fellow tour secretary, Josh King, and I are torn between the idea of a traditional style tour to Prague and the possibility of heading some where a bit hotter for some fun in the sun. A tour to Prague would take place in the middle of March whereas if we were to go to a more tropical destination (realistically either Spain or Portugal) then that would most likely coincide with the first week of the Easter Holidays. For both options we are looking at a 3 night stay which hopefully will mean at least one day free from rugby for people to do whatever they please. At the moment we are yet to formulate a price for the sunny option but think that a tour to Prague will cost around £255. This price is based around playing 2 fixtures. If we were only to play the one fixture the cost would be reduced by approximately £20. A tour to a sunny destination will inevitably be more expensive as the destination will be more long haul and closer to holiday season. I do feel that the extra cost incurred may prove to be money well spent though.
I think it's only fair that you all have the opportunity to put your opinions across before any final decisions are made seeing as it will be your cash that you are coughing up at the end of the day. Please let me know what you're thinking!

Thanks,

Billy
x

PS: Stash! Forgot to mention it, sorry! How important is tour stash to you? How extensive would you expect the provided stash range to be? Oh, and to anyone feeling in the slightest bit apprehensive about touring... don't be! It'll be one of the best things that you ever do!

Billy
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Tour Questionnaire and Update Empty Re: Tour Questionnaire and Update

Post  Whiting Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Tour Stash is the most important clothes you will ever buy/own.

Particularly the shorts. Fact.

Beer cheaper than water VS a tan... Tough call.
Whiting
Whiting
Waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:43 am

The tour stash that i'v seen is amazing. I cant wait to get my hands on some those lovely items. Just think stade francais...

Tan or cheap beer is a very tough call, but we're probably going to consume more beer than rays, so my vote is the economical option of prague.
Foxy
Foxy
Old Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sellens Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Foxy makes a good point about the amount of beer that wil be consumed, but i can't get the thought of beach 7's out of my head........ king
Sellens
Sellens
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiting Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Beach 7s in those as yet unconfirmed and for the most part unrevealed shorts... bounce
Whiting
Whiting
Waterboy

Back to top Go down

Post  adam Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:51 am

doesnt the march option mean that non medics will be in lecs still?

adam
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Post  Danger Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:29 am

only for those foolish enough to do a degree that actually has lectures. I would also like to point out the potential for non-stop sweating in the sun....I know there are certain members of the club who are a little ashamed to raise this as an issue. x
Danger
Danger
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Tour Questionnaire and Update Empty Sun, Sea, Sand, Sangria....

Post  Pops Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Billy,
We are currently constructing an effigy of you as our week version of you!! We want you here sunshine! Come back from the candle factory-I have the netto application form for you!!

As for me I fancy sunshine tour - wouldn't have to be too expensive - could bus down to somewhere in France within 24 hours - I've done it before and was great craic! A suggestion which came up last year was Perpignon - we have a link there with French Michael who played last season - Jon 'alpha' laidler knows him well!!

tour stash - On tour I will mostly be wearing my self created tour uniform created according to the theme which is decided!

For those who have lectures - this will be a long weekend tour so I'm sure the old boy-doctors on the trip will be happy to approve your illness with a signature!!

I am already very VERY excited!!

XXX
Pops
Pops
Man of Sheffield

Back to top Go down

Post  Treebeard Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am

Good shout on the uniform Pops,

However a tour top is a thing of great beauty and pride (well...the Galway one was a bit garish, but my love for it has grown!), plus unlike the tour uniform which will undoubtedly get covered in sick and probably won't make it back to the UK, it's a lasting token of the trip!

For my personal tastes, probably somewhere less sunny for the aforementioned sweat factor and also the fact that due to my fragile ginger complexion I burn like a puppy in an oven Sad ...but whatever is decided, as long as beer is cheap enough that I can afford my daily minimum tour ration of 24 pints, I'll be a happy man!

TOUR!!! WOOO!!!

pirat
Treebeard
Treebeard
Admin

http://www.medicsrugby.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:30 am

billy. take us wherever you want. can we have activities this time though. i dont want to spend 2 hours stood outside a brewery again when i could be in it.!
Sam
Sam
Old Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  alpha laidler Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 am

Wherever, just try to let us know the dates as early as possible so I can book the required time off work!
alpha laidler
alpha laidler
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Post  alpha laidler Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:38 am

For Perpignan, I do have contacts etc, it's a long drive (10 hours at least from Calais) and wouldn't be the cheapest, especially for lash. At least €5 a pint. But still could be excellent.
alpha laidler
alpha laidler
Fresher

Back to top Go down

Post  Will 'no neck' Rofe Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:27 pm

As a sweatier member of the club, I am still keen on a warm tour, however I am quite poor so an economical option would be appreciated by my wallet. Either way I just want Tour!!! Very Happy
Will 'no neck' Rofe
Will 'no neck' Rofe
Kit/Sponsorship Sec

Back to top Go down

Post  M Tindall Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:04 am

Devon & Cornwall rugby tour!!
M Tindall
M Tindall
Old Boy

Back to top Go down